Friday, February 12, 2010

Pigs is Pigs

Michael Scudder took this pix of his pig, THE ONTOS, AKA THE THING, somewhere in VN. I nicked the picture as it is similar to the pig at Que-son. I talked to the crew. They had no love for their pig. They jus t plain hated the bitch. Didn't blame them. I got nervous, myself, when I found out the pig would would blow shells to hell on it's own dime. Sweet Judy! What the hell?? AKA (would fire the cannons when ever it felt like it. ) Now that was something to be nervous about. I always wanted to see the THE THING fire the one oh fives off but the gooks-ahem-excuse moi-- the NVA never obliged. By the time I was at Que-Son, 1967, the Ontos was a fixture on the perimeter, locked, behind the defensive perimeter barbed wire and never went out with us to play in search of ----ahem...NVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment