Sunday, November 06, 2005

Going into Combat? Don't forget your Silly String

From Cockeyed dot com this creative use of silly string ISO traps. Plausible? Check it out.



"The Military Applications of Silly String: "First off, I should mention that Cockeyed.com is the number one result on Google on searches for 'Silly String'.
Because of this, I was the lucky recipient of this letter from Alejandro Hernandez:
Hello sir,
I just have a quick question. I'm a former Marine I in Afghanistan. Silly string has served me well in Combat especially in looking for I.A.Ds., simply put, booby traps. When you spray the silly sting in dark areas, especially when you doing house to house fighting. On many occasions the silly string has saved me and my men's lives.
Now my little brother has taken up the fight in Iraq and where he is, house to house fighting is intense. To get to the point I would like to purchase a large amount of silly string to send to him to help with the booby traps. Please send me some prices for a bulk order.

Thank you for you time, Alex

I wrote back:

Wait a minute. Explain this to me, you are using silly string to flush out booby traps or people? This sounds really interesting!

-Rob

And he replied:
Yes, I myself use it too. When you spray the string it just spreads everywhere and when it sets it lays right on the wire. Even in a dark room the string stands out revealing the trip wire.
I thought that was an ingenious use for silly string! I bought a can myself and tried it in my living room. Sure enough, the string reveals even a tiny black thread. Very cool! Hopefully you can see the results in the photos on this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment