Saturday, November 03, 2007

U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker Forces Men of the 7th Diplomats to Baghdad

Ambassador Ryan Crocker is talking up Washington's decision to force diplomats to duty in Iraq against their will. During a news conference in Dubai, Crocker said his colleagues should remember they took an oath to serve the nation same as military personnel. Uproar among diplomats, this week, included a State Dept. town hall meeting in Washington Wednesday where a diplomat's reference to assignment to Baghdad as a "potential death sentence." was supported with applause.

The Men of the 7th Diplomats

(That famous day in history the men of the 7th Diplomats went riding on)
(And from the rear a voice was heard)
(A brave young envoy with a trembling word rang loud and clear)
BAGHDAD!
Its a potential death sentence!

Please Mr.Crocker, I don't wanna go
Hey, Mr. Crocker, please don't make me go
I had a dream last night about the comin' fight
Somebody yelled "IED! IED!"
And there I stood with a splinter up my ...oh, Please Mr. Crocker,
I don't wanna go (forward Ho!!)--aaww

SPOKEN: Look at them sand dunes out there
They're moving and there's a Vampire Orc behind every one
Hey, Mr. Crocker-you mind if I be excused the rest of the tour?
HEY CHARLIE, DUCK YER HEAD!!
Hmm, you're a little bit late on that one, Charlie
Hooh, I bet that smarts!

(They were sure of victory, the men of the 7th Diplomats, as they rode on)

(But then from the rear a voice was heard)
(That same brave envoy with the trembling word rang loud and clear)
Baghdad! "Any other embassy in the world would be closed by now,"

Please Mr. Crocker, I don't wanna go
Listen, Mr. Crocker, please don't make me go
There's a Orcskin a'waitin' out there, just fixin to take my hair
A coward I've been called cuz I don't wanna wind up dead or bald

Please Mr. Crocker, I don't wanna go (forward HO)--aaww

SPOKEN: I wonder what the Orc word for friend is
Let's see-friend-- Al-Sarenadnow, that's it
AL-SARENDANOW!, HEY OUT THERE-AL-SARENDANOW!
Nope, that itn't it
Look at them durned Orcs
They're runnin' around like a bunch of wild orcs-heh, heh, heh
Nah, this ain't no time for jokin'


with abject apologies to Verne Larry