Thursday, June 25, 2009

America-Home of the Gangster State and Gangster Economics brought to you by Goldman Sachs

Thanks to Tyler Durden at Zero Hedge, I have spent the previous hour getting a super headache reading Matt Taibbi's latest in Rolling Stone magazine:The Great American Bubble Machine AKA how Goldman Sachs has continually screwed America for a profit since 1929. Unbelievable! If you have ever asked yourself the puzzling question "why are gas prices going UP when gas demand is going down?" you really need to read this article. If you owned a house during the housing bubble and, like moi, were coming home to a chock full answering machine to "please call asap, you don't want to miss this opportunity to refinance" and you asked yourself WTF is going on. Why are they bugging me? Brother, the answer is in this article. I once told the Divine Mrs. Burton that the reason the mortgage companies were after me was due to a Great Scam going on and she, paused for a moment, gave me one of those looks and reminded me that in college, I once thought Immanuel Velikovsky was a great scientist. Ouch. Never stay married to the girl you dated in college ....they have an endless supply of ammo. Read the article. You won't regret it. It's full of OMG info. How rampant greed trumps passive democracy. I swear, if you thought Putin's Russia was a gangster state you don't know anything yet.


Taibbi-Goldman-Sachs

No comments:

Post a Comment