Sunday, March 13, 2005

VIA Assumption of Command---WHO?!! is going to run your CheckPoint!

Mustang 23, an Army reserve C.O., has some good advice that cuts the BS on checkpoint engagement:
Assumption of Command: "First and foremost it is our job here to protect and defend ourselves and our fellow soldiers. The Iraqi population knows to stay far away from us while we are on the road. Most of the time, we don't even have to wave them away, they get out of the way on their own. On the road they don't want any part of us.
If you were in my shoes, I ask you this question:
If you know that the good people of Iraq know better than to charge their vehicle up to American checkpoints or convoys, who is the only people who would speed their vehicle at us?

If I feel my troops or my life is endangered, I will act appropriately and I expect my troops to do the same."


Roger. Copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment