Saturday, October 08, 2005

Serenity---its not a chick flick

I don't live under a rock but in between actual visits and tight schedules I qualify.
I crawled out from under my rock long enough to receive Con-1 orders from my mate "we are going out to the movies after my shift. Do not get lost." ( Lost? I never get lost) " What's the name of the movie?" (Sounds like a chick flick. I'm not going)
"Serenity." "I have the DVDs. I've been trying to get you to watch them."
"Serenity?" (Not another chick flick.) "Groan!"
"What?" "Oh, stop whining. You'll like it...its got ......" ( no longer listening. Trapped like a rotten rock slug I wander off amidst the boulders until the hangman is ready.) Once at the theater, I discover that I am the only rock slug in the universe that hasn't heard about Serenity or its previous incarnation as Firefly on TV. Major Duh. Ok. So its not a chick flick. This flick is a rock'em, sock'em leave'em laughing in the aisles you'll want to see it again movies. Battleships. Horses. Weapons. Clever lines, a story line I can follow and a winsome lass, River, who can unleash unbelievable cases of whupass. Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment